Want to be up to date about all upcoming activities? Keep an eye on our facebook events page and Instagram stories.
- Career Event: Make your career great (again) | Wednesday November 14, 2018 | @Collegezaal 4, AMC | fb event page
Many people start their PhD with the idea that they will continue their career in academia. However, in practice only few PhD/postdoc graduates continue on with long-term academic careers. This event will help you gain insight into your professional value as a PhD or postdoc and encourage you to think about your future options and career management after research. Be inspired by our speakers, discover what really motivates you and what your skills and your true potential are during the workshops and find your (dream) employer-match during the speed dates.During this afternoon you will explore different career opportunities. Will you stay in academia or not? What are the alternative possibilities and how do you put your acquired skills to good use? In other words, how can you make your career great (again)?
All Amsterdam UMC PhD students and postdocs are welcome.
13:00 Inspirational speakers
– Mark Schoonderwoerd (Co-founder, Levels Diagnostics)
– Etienne van Banning (General practitioner, AMC Bachelor/Master Education)
– Martijn van Lavieren (Manager Strategy, Philips)
– Barbara Braams (Cognitive neuroscientist, VUMC)
14:40 Workshops (2 rounds, 45 minutes each)
16:30 Speed date sessions
17:45 Network drinks
– Connect like a pro (Mind Elevators): Personal networking strategy and guerrilla networking.
– Grant writing for PhDs & Postdocs (MedScribo): Overview of grants and practical tips on how to write successful scientific proposals.
– How to ace your job interview (Laury Peters): Learn to write a good application letter and make a great impression during your job interview.
– How to start your own business (Nicola Bonzanni from Enpicom): Develop and work out your first business plan step-by-step.
– Peak2peak (Mind Elevators): Work hard, play hard, how to find that perfect work-life balance.
– Personal profile analysis (VVAA, given only in Dutch!): Find out your strengths, weaknesses, communication and preferred behaviour.
– Pitch like a champ (Mind Elevators): Learn how you could give the perfect pitch and impress your future employer.
Chipsoft │Dutchwebshark │Enpicom │ Gilead/Kite Pharma │ Gupta Strategists │ Inkef Capital │ KWF │ Mind Elevators │ PacMed │ Paul Jansen Futurelab │ PostDocNL │ PwC/Strategy& │ ZonMw
Costs: €5,- (including lunch and drinks)
Register now at sign up for aprove career event 2018
- New Year Celebration | 24th January 2019 | Location to be determined
- Team Amsterdam UMC for the ZuiderZeeKlassieker 2019 | 28th September 2019